We are very excited to be welcoming visitors back to our MCE cellar door. NSW will start to reopen once we hit the 70% double vaccination target. Please understand that we are all navigating uncertain territory and doing the best we can. We will be following government guidelines to ensure our visitors, staff and families remain safe and healthy. If you do not wish to follow the government instructions then please understand, we cannot have you visit us at this time. Not because we don't want to, but because it is the right thing to do at this time.
With the stage 1 reopening, there will be restrictions and I ask all visitors to assist our staff by following all the rules and conditions. Please treat our staff with respect and remember they are only following the rules given to them.
The main rules that the government have indicated will be imposed once we hit the 70% vaccination rate are:
◦ Only fully vaccinated adults (16+) and those with medical exemptions(staff and patrons) will be able to enter our premises.
◦ Patrons must show proof of being fully vaccinated. It is MCE’s responsibility to ensure the safety of its staff and visitors. If you attend our premises without proof of being fully vaccinated, then our staff have been directed not to allow you to enter.
◦ Non-vaccinated young people aged under 16 will only be able to visit MCE with members of their household.
◦ Masks will remain mandatory indoors unless you are eating or drinking.
◦ Children aged under 12 will not need to wear a mask indoors.
◦ Patrons must remain seated. You are not allowed to stand and drink (You are allowed to stand and drink whilst outside)
When the State hits 80% vaccination some of these restrictions will be lifted. It is expected that we will hit the 80% by end of October.
The current Government advice appears to indicate that the restrictions on unvaccinated persons will remain until December, depending on the vaccination rates.
To make a booking please visit our bookings page.